Metropolitan League East
|No. of teams||5|
|Most recent ML East champion||St. Petersburg Admirals (1st title)|
|Most ML East titles||Calgary Inferno (8)|
|Bull Cup Championships||4 (1 as wild card)|
The Metropolitan League East is one of four divisions within the Bull League (the Metropolitan League and the Lake League each have an East and a West division). The division was formally established in 1991 with the establishment of the Metropolitan League, along with the ML West division. Before that time, the league was known as the Southern League.
Calgary is the ML East division's only Canadian team. The remaining four teams are located in the central and eastern United States.
At the end of the regular Bull League season, the ML East team with the best win-loss record is named the division title winner, and earns one of the four playoff spots in the ML Elimination Round.
- Dallas Deputies — Joined in 2012 as an expansion team (as Dallas Lawmen)
- Denver Danger — Joined in 1995 as an expansion team (as Denver Highlanders)
- Miami Storm — Was 1995 expansion team in LL East (as Kingston Cannons), moved to AEL East to Miami for 2018
- Norfolk Sharks — Joined in 2012 as an expansion team
- St. Petersburg Admirals — Founded 1989 in AEL West as San Diego Seagulls, then moved to Anchorage in 2017, joined AEL East for 2018
- Anchorage Aces — Founding team, originally the San Diego Seagulls, moved to AEL West in 1995
- Calgary Inferno — Was a 1995 expansion team (as Calgary Chinooks), moved to AEL West for 2018
- California Tidals — Founding team, moved to AEL West in 1995
- Chicago Knights — Founding team, moved to LL West in 2012
- Jacksonville Ravens — Joined in 2012 after relocating from Richmond, California in the AEL West during expansion year
- Nevada Speeders — Originally an AEL West team from 1991—1993, joined AEL East in 1995 then moved back to AEL West in 2012
The American Eagle League was formally established in 1991. Prior to this, the league had been known as the Southern League. Nine of the original ten Southern League teams were disbanded prior to the formation of the American Eagle League in 1991. Only the Richmond Raiders remained active. They were moved from Richmond, Virginia, to Richmond, California and renamed the Ravens, and placed in the AEL West division, until rejoining the AEL East in 2012 as the Jacksonville Ravens during a league expansion and reorganization.
Division Champions by Year
Division Titles by Team
The following is a list of winners of the Metropolitan League East Division Pennant titles won by each team, including former teams, of the division.
Italics indicates team has moved to another division or folded.
|8|| Calgary Inferno
|1996—1997, 1999—2000, 2002, 2013—2014, 2017|
|7||Nevada Speeders||1998, 2001, 2003, 2006—2007, 2009—2010|
|6|| Chicago Pit Bulls
|1991—1992, 2004—2005, 2008, 2011|
|5||Seattle Salts||1992, 2004, 2009, 2014—2015|
|2|| Philadelphia Liberty Warriors
(Denver Highlanders, Denver Danger)
|2|| Minneapolis Ravens
(Richmond Ravens, Jacksonville Ravens)
|1||St. Petersburg Admirals||2018|
|0|| Dallas Deputies