Metropolitan League West
|No. of teams||5|
|Most recent ML West champion||Nevada Speeders (3rd title)|
|Most AEL West titles||Richmond Ravens (9)|
|Bull Cup Championships||5|
The Metropolitan League West (formerly the American Eagle League West) is one of four divisions within the Bull League (the Metropolitan League and the Lake League each have an East and a West division). The division was formally established in 1991 with the establishment of the Metropolitan League, along with the ML East division. Before that time, the league was known as the Southern League.
At the end of the regular Bull League season, the ML West team with the best win-loss record is named the division title winner, and earns one of the four playoff spots in the ML Elimination Round.
- Arizona Cowboys — Joined in 2012 as an expansion team
- Calgary Inferno — Joined in 2018 from AEL East
- California Tidals — Joined in 1995 from the AEL East
- Nevada Speeders — Founding team, re-joined in 2012 from the AEL East after moving in 1995
- Seattle Salts — Founding team
- Anchorage Aces — Formerly the San Diego Seagulls (1991-2016), Joined in 1995 from the AEL East, then moved back to AEL East as St. Petersburg Admirals for 2018
- Richmond Ravens — Founding team, relocated to Jacksonville, Florida and and renamed Jacksonville Ravens during 2012 expansion and reorganization
The American Eagle League for formally established in 1991. Prior to this, the league had been known as the Southern League. Nine of the original ten Southern League teams were disbanded prior to the formation of the American Eagle League in 1991. Only the Richmond Raiders remained active. They were moved from Richmond, Virginia, to Richmond, California, and renamed the Ravens. They became one of three AEL West founding teams, but were later moved to the AEL East in 2012.
Division Champions by Year
Division Titles by Team
The following teams have won an American Eagle League West Division Pennant signifying having the best record at the end of the regular season.
The Richmond Ravens (then Jacksonville Ravens) moved out of the AEL West in 2012, but remain the team with the most West Division titles (9). Expansion team Arizona has yet to win a Division Title. Teams in Italics are no longer in the division.
|9|| Minneapolis Ravens
(Richmond Ravens, Jacksonville Ravens)
|1995—1998, 2003, 2005, 2007—2008, 2011|
|6||California Tidals||2000—2001, 2006, 2010, 2012—2013|
|6||Seattle Salts||1992, 2004, 2009, 2014—2015, 2017|
|3|| St. Petersburg Admirals
(San Diego Seagulls, Anchorage Aces)
|1999, 2002, 2016|
|3||Nevada Speeders||1991, 1993, 2018|